2021 is finally here! Can I get a hell yeah? In all seriousness, it was a rough year, but it had some good in it too. It’s important not to let the bad overshadow the exciting, so let’s talk about how I fared in the last quarter of 2020 and what I hope to get done in the first quarter of this brand new year.
I accomplished 7.5/12 writing goals in the third quarter of 2020, which is decent enough with everything I had going on. I stayed on schedule with blog posts for the first 2 months, sold over 50 books, hosted a birthday giveaway for Silent Night, wrote draft 2 of the Guild Trilogy book 3 and sent it to my Critique Partner, wrote draft 10 of Summer’s Revenge, and marketed for Silent Night and Sacred Ruse.
I also completed 1/7 personal goals, which is terrible, but I’m going to give myself grace and try again this quarter.
My goals for the first quarter of 2021 – January, February, and March – are as follows:
· Read 2 books a month
· Put out 4 blog posts a month
· Sell 20 books
· Reach 10 reviews for Sacred Ruse and 15 reviews for Silent Night
· Write draft 3 of Guild Trilogy book 3
· Finish the second round of beta readers for Summer’s Revenge
· Start the beta reading process for the Guild Trilogy book 3
· Reveal the title of book 3
· Write the 11th and 12th draft of Summer’s Revenge
· Send Summer’s Revenge to my editor
· Do a fast read through of Project Madness
· Market Sacred Ruse and Silent Night
· Learn some more about marketing and book launches
· Read up about businesses and register my authorship as a business
· Overhaul my website
· Join Amie’s inspired collective
· Work on some secret business goals
Aside from the above writing related goals, I also have 8 personal goals:
· Be kind to myself
· Eat healthier
· Do some cooking
· Drink more water
· Workout once a week
· Read before bed
· Give myself grace when it comes to schoolwork
This gives me a total of 25 goals, which I think is the most I’ve ever given myself, but I’m excited. My word of the year is defiance, which means going for my dreams unapologetically and getting sh** done.
I’ll update my progress in April. In the meantime, you can check out my monthly goal posts on Instagram at emmathewriter if you’re interested or you can subscribe to my newsletter and get info first hand from yours truly, along with access to my members pages : )
Let me know what your guys’ goals are in the comments! Keep in touch and drop me a line if you need advice/encouragement. Have a great first three months of 2021 and as always, keep writing.